Saturday, July 3, 2010

Don't Cry For Me Argentina! Germany beats Argentina 4 -0





















Que paso Maradona?  Pibe nos ganaron?

"It was absolute class," Germany coach Joachim Loew said.  Hard to argue with that, and I love to argue. :(

Argentina had been one of the tournament's darlings, with coach Diego Maradona's every move causing a stir and superstar Lionel Messi showing you don't need to score to be sublime.  The Argentines rolled into the quarterfinals as one of only two teams to win all its games - the Netherlands was the other - and had been powerful they never trailed.

No wonder a star-studded crowd was on hand at Green Point Stadium, with German chancellor Angela Merkel, Mick Jagger, Leonardo DiCaprio, and South Africa's own Charlize Theron were all spotted in the VIP seats.

But Germany overwhelmed the Argentines, and shut down Messi in the process. "I'm as disappointed as all Argentinians," Maradona said. "To see my country lose a football match is very hard for someone who has worn the shirt."  It was very painful to watch how they crucify my still favorite team Argentina!!!!  As I said in my previous blogs - there is always another one - World Cup 2014!  That's football, that's why I LOVE the World Cup, full of excitement, tears, but definitely full of surprises.

I must admit, the Germans were amazing!  We still have Paraguay and Spain, Good Luck!
We'll see who take the World Cup....  Lo ultimo que puedo decir es, Que Gane el Mejor!

No comments:

Post a Comment